Monday, June 6, 2011

The Lord is in this work!

This is going to be an amazing transfer. Sister Lovell and I are having a blast together! We've really bonded. She full of fire and focus and just wanted to hit the mission running; and we are running! I've been praying for several things over the course of three transfers. She has already blessed me with 1) a greater vision on how to motivate members and 2) a sense of humour. She really knows how to laugh in every situation. She is a perfect combination of Annie and Kelly (two of my favorite people) so you can imagine how much I love her. She's extraordinary and I feel so blessed to be serving with her.

Sister Lovell's second day in the field we felt prompted to tract a street called Nightingale Gardens. We saw it on the map and just thought, "Yep. We need to go there." Well, it turned out to be a senior citizen community. Hmm. Some missionaries give up with them, but you know me and my elderly people. I've already had success with two over-eighties! Why not one more? I was not deterred.

The last door we knocked was a woman baptised in Salt Lake City fifteen years ago, she moved to England and lost touch with the church! We gave her contact information to the ward and they'll be reaching out to her very soon. The timing was impeccable as she just lost her mother. The Lord really does know the sheep of his fold. I read to her Moroni 6:4 at the door and testified that her name had been taken, not only by the church, but by the Lord. He remembers her and he sent us to remind her of that. Powerful experience.

NOTE: Here's Moroni 6:4. And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of their faith.

Sunday was so long and so great! The Manchester South Ward was very warm and welcoming to Sister Lovell. One of my main focuses in the ward has been member trust and I can truly say the members adore the sisters now! It is perfect to set the stage for Sister Lovell who has a unique ability to connect with people. We are going to do great work this transfer.

The YSA ward was so great! Sister Lovell and I were both able to bear our testimonies and I think the ward is very excited about missionary work. I bore my testimony about miracles and then right afterward we saw one. There was an investigator sitting with the Elders who just stood up, took himself to the pulpit, and said. "Hi. I'm Albert. I've lived nineteen years and always wondered which church was the true one. The last few months I've been visiting all the churches around, but none of them felt right. I'm sitting here today and I feel Jesus Christ is in this church. This is definitely the place for me and I'm excited to join your congregation. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." We were floored! The whole ward was all smiles. It's amazing to see how the Lord orchestrates things. I bear my testimony about miracles and then they happen right there and then. Incredible.

A counselor in the new Relief Society President is already making missionary work a focus. She served in this mission (from South England) and returned right before I came out. Now she lives in our mission! I really admire her and I'm so excited to work with her! The other YSA's are equally fantastic! I'm really just loving this transfer.

I'm so excited for the Nauvoo cast! My heart longs to be there. Please send everyone my love.

The Church is absolutely true and I'm reminded of that every day as the Lord helps us in this work! I love you all!

much love,

Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment