Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Threesomes and Obedience

The trio is settling in quite nicely! Sister Lau is such a great example to me of dignity. She is always professional and considerate no matter what we are doing. I feel that we are just as dignified in the flat as we are on the streets, which I love! It helps us to maintain the Spirit throughout the day.

Sister Shen is a great example of diligence. Her head is always buried in some book! She never takes a break or complains, and she is already a forever finder! When we give her the reins she truly stops everyone. I was so nervous to be in a trio, but I already love it! It's great to have one more support as well as one more person to serve. I've been really happy with these two. They really are incredible.

Last night we had roughly an hour and a half to tract together and we saw tremendous success! I've never had a night of tracting like this one! We had really good conversations with fifteen people and six of them invited us to come back. I think the Lord was blessing Sister Shen for her sacrifice because it was the coldest night she's ever experienced in her life : ) The University students come back in a week, which we cannot wait for! The work is just going to explode, especially with Chinese speakers!

This week's study on obedience yielded great fruit as I came to the realisation that without it, none of the other attributes of Christ are attainable. Faith, hope and humility lead us to obey. As we obey with patience and diligence the Lord can bless us with knowledge (strength of mind), virtue (strength of spirit) and charity (strength of heart). Feeling stronger increases our hope in the future and our faith in the Saviour. As we recognise the true source of that strength we are humbled and desire to obey His teachings. Thus the cycle continues and we become ever more like Him. Obedience is so key! The joy we experience in serving the Lord really does depend on where our heart is!

I love you and I love this work! Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment