Wednesday, May 18, 2011

With God nothing is impossible

Sister Gong is twenty three. She met the missionaries while doing an internship in Washington DC two years ago. She received a testimony after two weeks of reading the Book of Mormon. This is her third transfer and second area. She is beautiful and tough as nails and I really love her. She so skinny but has this voracious appetite! It amazes me.

We have the largest teaching pool I've had yet on my mission. This is a great ward to serve in! We are seeing lots of miracles!

Henry is in his forties. He's read the entire Book of Mormon but is afraid to pray about it (because he already knows it's true and doesn't want to change his life). He is Catholic and is deathly afraid of what his family and friends will think if he "joins the Mormon church".

Shelly is in her twenties. She is very closed about her past, but loves the feeling at church. She is struggling with depression and claims she doesn't always understand what is being taught. I think she understands more than she lets on.

There are more, but I'm running out of time!

I was able to attend a session at the temple yesterday and saw one of my favourite members from Lancaster! It taught me that you never know who you are impacting! It was really good to catch up with Sister Rae.

Got a letter from Nanny. She said that she hears a difference in me in the e-mails. It's good to hear, but hard to see! The only difference I detect is that I feel stronger than I did at the beginning of my mission. I actually have learned a lot about self-mastery. The interesting thing is that I think I have changed, but I feel the same because I think I am becoming more myself than I was before. This is who I really am : ) Does that make sense? If anyone asked me what my greatest accomplishment in life has been, I would definitely say the last nine months. I cannot believe that I have done what I have. Truly with the Lord nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment